Built in 2010, in order to develop the flow of cereals and oilseeds to the port of Sète, Centre Grains is now mainly dedicated to supporting Saipol Sète’s activity of processing rapeseed, storing rapeseed intended for crushing, storing protein-rich oilseed cake for export, and storing sunflower hulls used by the biomass boiler that supplies the site’s energy.
Each year, Centre Grains manages between 600,000 and 700,000 tonnes of seed flows on behalf of Saipol.
The acquisition of Centre Grains enables Saipol to consolidate its activity in the port of Sète, from the reception of oilseeds to the shipment of products and by-products: vegetable proteins and decarbonated energies. Saipol thus intends to continue the activity and maintain the jobs concerned.
Centre Grains in figures
- Installations in 2010 on 2 ha
- Storage capacity:
- 33,000 tonne seed silo (12 bins)
- 17,000 tonne flat storage shed (seeds, oilseed cake, sunflower hulls)
- 2 quays, one of which can accommodate 2 barges and a large capacity ship (panamax) simultaneously
- 2 loading and unloading gantries
- 7 employees
Saipol Sète in figures
- Installation in 1989
- Activities: rapeseed crushing, production of oilseed cake, pretreated oils, biodiesel, vegetable glycerine
- Processing of ~ 600 KT of rapeseed per year (inflow)
- Sale of ~300KT of oilseed cake, ~250KT of energy (biodiesel and pretreated oils) and by-products.
- 87 employees